The introduction to Motivational Interviewing workshop is a hands-on 3 day workshop where you learn both via theory and by practicing basic Motivational Interviewing skills, in a supportive, small group setting in beautiful Portland, Oregon. Your workshop leader is Michael Fulop, a Portland-based clinical psychologist, MI trainer, and MINT member. This introductory MI workshop is ideal for psychologists, nurse practitioners, graduate students, counselors, diabetes educators, drug and alcohol counselors, MD’s, and undergraduates interested in learning MI. You receive an MI Learning Guide, slides, and will get a chance to network with other MI practitioners.
Intro to MI Workshop Learning Objectives
- Understand the Mindset and Heart-set of MI
- Learn the four basic MI processes
- Begin to Learn OARS skills
- Learn the basics of Change Talk and Sustain Talk
- Learn how to roll with “resistance”
- Develop self-directed MI learning plan
Class/Workshop Learning Methods
- Interactions and discussions
- Some didactic presentation
- MI videos from various settings
- Practice MI skill development
- MI Skill Building Exercises
- Role Playing and Real Playing
Upcoming Introduction to MI Workshops with Dr. Michael Fulop:
- Register for the Intro. MI Workshop: Sept. 26-28, 2018
Location: Downtown Portland location to be announced
Space is limited – Maximum number of workshop participants is 28
Amenities for all workshops:
- Continental breakfast each morning
- Coffee, teas, water, and snacks provided
- Lunch [60 minutes] is on your own each day, and it’s a short walk to Cascade Grill at the Metro Oregon Zoo [200 yds] or The Cafe at the Children’s Museum [200 yds] – Or drive to nearby restaurants.
- WFC now allows you to bring in food to the David Douglas room, so bring your own food if desired, and we have access to a microwave.
- The World Forestry Center is MAX accessible.
- Onsite parking is plentiful for Portland city rates of about $4.00 to 12.00 dollars per day depending on the season.
Questions? Contact Michael Fulop @ 503.539.4932 or email@example.com
Contact Michael Fulop